Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Sand Castles. . . of Sorts!






This was one of the last places that we visited, and we were getting hotter and more tired as the day got longer, so we never really appreciated it as we could have. We entered into the area thru a very narrow opening in the rocks, tall steep cravas, and came into this large opening full of sand! Just like at the beach? Not quite, I think it was all wind blown rock shavings, sand! As we came in, I got sand on my contacts, ah, nice! So i couldnt see and my eyes were crying and AH! We stayed awhile, but Madi didnt want sand in her shoes and I couldnt get the sand out and AH! So we snapped a couple of shots and headed out. . . .but it really was a nifty spot! People everywhere acting like they were at the beach. . . pretty funny. And it was so much cooler in there, but windy!

3 comments:

a said...

Those pics are great! We'll have to go together some day. My kids (and husband) would love that!

Joe McShinsky said...

ha, it looks like I got a very rounded belly in that pic. ha

CSA Brent said...

very jealous...I always wanted to see that part of Utah. Probably the prettiest part.

We only saw the dumb part with all the 'Mormons'!