Tuesday, May 29, 2007

An Afternoon at The Temple

Sunday afternoon at the temple and hundreds of Elders ( and Sisters) from the MTC were about. It was incredible! Tom and Jake,Joe and Jim, this is for you! One day this will be you!





What a grand thing it is to live so close to a temple, that you can walk over anytime and just hang out! Oh my heck, its so beautiful and peaceful and its just there for us to enjoy. Madi and Joe, you are SOOOO lucky! Here are some of my impressions from that walk.

2 comments:

a said...

I would love that. I wish we had taken more advantage of the temple being close when we lived in Utah for those 4 months. Haven't been that close since :(

CSA Brent said...

I have a favorite memory of that view on the MTC grounds. One night I was walking back from a meeting, and a guy and gal were pointing excitedly and snapping pictures of something in the air towards the mountains. I thought maybe they saw a UFO or something! So I asked them what they were looking at, and they said, "Look how green those mountains are!" They were from southern Utah, in desert of course. Me having just left the very green Midwest in Illinois (everything is green, and comparable to Oregon in that respect from May to October). I laughed out loud and said 'wow, that ain't green!'...or something like that. I'll never forget those two sad souls!